The View

The Student News Site of Dexter Southfield

The View

The View

An empty parking lot outside of Sohier.
The Parking Crisis
January 26, 2024
A performance by the Dexter Southfield Choir.
A Night for the Arts
January 26, 2024
Letter from the Editors
December 14, 2023

Letter from the Editors

Dear Readers,

The View is Dexter Southfield’s newspaper. Our objective is to circulate information about the school to bring the community together. Although the View’s priority is to report on the Upper School, we highlight important news throughout the entire student population. We strive to write the truth about every situation and event, providing unbiased stories. The View is a multi-media newspaper, including different types of art and forms of journalism, highlighting the creativity and strengths of our members.   

Journalism in recent times has faced threats, from claims of “fake news,” a lack of funding for public media, and an increased risk for journalists abroad.  Nevertheless, reporters brave war, military dictatorships, and social media outcries in order to keep the public informed and leaders in check. The View at Dexter Southfield remains committed to the same ideals of professional journalists.  We provide unbiased, well-researched, and relevant writing to our school community. While the View remains a small publication, our recent shift to an online website, which can be found on the Dexter Southfield app, aims to increase readership and make the news more accessible.   

Students often find themselves stifled by parents, teachers, and school administrators.  The View highlights the voices of Dexter Southfield’s students, including those who often find their interests or experiences not represented in the school’s conversation. 

Sincerely,

Liana Flood ’24 and Priyanka Dubey ’24